If you are looking for a checking account that is truly free of maintenance and monthly service fees; look no further. CU Hawaii has the perfect checking account for you.
- No minimum opening deposit or required balance
- No monthly service fee
- Checks are archived by the credit union and copies can be requested if needed.
- Check images can be viewed through CU Hawaii’s free home banking
- Free debit card available
- Funds accessible through ATMs worldwide
- CU Hawaii ATMs are free when using your CU Hawaii debit card
- Overdraft protection options available
- Free bill pay through Online Banking
- 24-hour account access through online banking or telephone banking
With a Plus Checking Account you will enjoy all of the same benefits as our regular checking account, plus you will earn dividends when you maintain an average daily balance of $2,500 or more. As a Plus Checking account member you will also get free CU Hawaii logo checks.
No one is perfect and from time to time you may inadvertently overdraw on your checking account. Courtesy Pay can save you the embarrassment and inconvenience of having your check returned for non-sufficient funds. With Courtesy Pay your check may be paid saving you additional merchant return check fees that can really add up. You will still be charged CU Hawaii’s standard non-sufficient funds or overdraft fee. This added benefit is not a line of credit. If you would like more information about Courtesy Pay or would like to opt out of this service please call a CU Hawaii member service representative at 808-933-6700 for assistance.
Eligibility Requirements and other important information regarding Courtesy Pay
Your account must be opened for at least three months, receive regular deposits, and you must maintain your account in good standing.
CU Hawaii has the discretion to pay overdrafts within the Courtesy Pay limits. This is a courtesy and CU Hawaii is under no obligation to pay the member’s check. Your account will be charged the standard NSF/OD fee for handling each item even if paid by the Courtesy Pay program. If multiple items are presented against your account on the same day, each item will be assessed the NSF fee.