Who Can Join?
As a community-chartered credit union, one of the following eligibility requirements must be met for membership into CU Hawaii Federal Credit Union.
- Person(s) living or working on the Island of Hawai`i.
- Person(s) who regularly work, attend school, worship, perform volunteer services or participate in associations headquartered on the Island of Hawai`i.
- Person(s) participating in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located on the Island of Hawai`i.
- Incorporated and Unincorporated organizations on the Island of Hawai`i or those maintaining a facility located on the Island of Hawai`i.
- Any immediate family member of a CU Hawaii member. This includes spouse, parents, sisters, brothers, and children, whether living in the same household or not.
How Do I Join?
Joining is simple. All it takes is an opening deposit into a savings account of $50 and a $1 membership fee. Once you join CU Hawaii, you are a member for life, even if you move to another island, the mainland, or abroad. You just need to maintain your $50 savings balance and keep your account active by performing a transaction at least once a year. That’s it!
You can open your account at any of the 7 CU Hawaii branches and don’t forget to bring a current photo ID with you. View our branch locations with hours of operation.